Hey, blackheads and pores are giving you a hard time. Being a woman, I know they can be really difficult. They can easily form when dead skin and oil clog your pores. Even if you try scratching the blackhead then there are chances that you will scratch your pore instead and cause it being permanently enlarged.
So, I have made a list of products that are Best Face Wash for Big Pores and Blackheads. These products have good reviews and are top rated on amazon. I have fully understood your problem. These facewashes will help you remove the blackhead and prevent your pores from accumulating dead skin further.
If you want to permanently close your pores then use these facewashes daily. So, without wasting your time let’s get into it.
How to apply?
I know you all going to be like “how hard it is to apply a facewash on your skin?” Yes, applying facewash is not difficult but using it to remove blackheads and unclog your pores is difficult. So, allow me to educate you about this. The mentioned steps are approved by dermatologist. Let’s start:
Cleansing your face: It consist of following step:
- Use a cleanser or face wash that does not contain alcohol. And it should be gentle and non-abrasive.
- Wash your face with tap water. Use your fingers to apply the face wash. Anything other than your fingers will irritate your skin further such as a washcloth, scrub etc.
- Do not scrub because scrubbing will irritate your skin.
- After cleansing your skin. Wash it with tap water and dry it with a cotton towel.
- Use a moisturizer if your skin is dry. Do not apply moisturizer on your eyes. Cut your skin some slag.
- Please wash your skin after sweating. The sweat contains salt and precipitates that will further clog your pores and cause blackhead.
- Wash your face twice a day and after sweating.
OUR TOP 3 PICK WHICH YOU CAN TRUST BLINDLY
If you are in a hurry then don’t worry as within these 7 products I have personally sorted these top 3 products although other products are also the best still, you can purchase these 3 products right away without any doubt.
Best Face Wash For Big Pores And Blackheads (Comparison Table)
Bioré Charcoal Acne Clearing Facial Cleanser
COSRX Low pH Blackheads Gel Cleanser
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne and Big Pores Facial Cleanser
Facial Cleanser - Vitamin C Face Wash
Glycolic Acid Face Wash
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Medicated Gel Acne Face Wash
Replenix Acne Solutions Gly/Sal Exfoliating Acne Cleanser
Best Face Wash For Big Pores And Blackheads (Buyers Guide)
Category: Best facial cleanser containing charcoal
I like to present to you my first option. This, my friend, is Bioré Charcoal Acne Clearing Facial Cleanser. First of all, let me tell you about the company Biore.
This company specializes in skin deep clean products such as UV protection sunscreen, makeup remover and pore cleansing creams and cleansers. This cleanser will remove all the excess all from your pores and also unclog them.
This cleanser contains charcoal. This is the main ingredient in the cleanser. We all know charcoal can absorb all the impurities on your skin. When applied on your face, it absorbs the bacterial and other impurities that cause acne. This also helps to deep clean your skin. It also contains salicylic acid which helps to unclog your skin and prevent it from getting blackheads.
Wash your face and then apply the cleanser. Gently cleanse your face with this facial cleanser. Rinse your face with lukewarm water. Then gently tap your face with a cotton towel.
The scent is charcoal and citrussy.
Category: best facial cleanser with low pH level
This is another top-rated amazon product for you all. May I present you the COSRX Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser. If you are a fan of thick gooey texture then you will love this because it is in the form of a gel.
Another amazing thing about this product is that it is really good for dry skin. It will hydrate your skin at the same time as removing the sebum from your skin.
This facial gel cleanser is water-based. It means this will imparts moisture to your dry skin. It contains BHA (Betaine Salicylate) which removes impurities from your skin and unclog your pores. It also has tea tree oil which gently soothes your irritated skin. The low Ph means the Ph of this cleanser is same as the skin so, it will not cause any dryness or irritation on your skin.
Wet your hands and take a pea-size amount. Since it is a gel a little goes a long way. Rub it on your hand and then apply it on your face. Gently cleanse through your face and do not scrub. After you are done cleaning, rinse your face with water and pat it dry with a soft towel.
It has a soft floral scent because flowers and leaves extract is used in it as an ingredient.
Category: Best facial cleanser that fight with acne and blackhead at the same time
Here comes my next best pick for you. This is Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne and Redness Facial Cleanser. This cleanser consists of natural ingredients. And moreover, Neutrogena is 100% recommended by a dermatologist.
This cleanser is multifunction as it fights with the redness on your skin due to acne and also clears out the blackheads and breakouts.
It consists of salicylic acid. This acid help to clear out breakouts and blackheads. It will unclog your pores and remove all the sebum from it. This also reduces redness present on your face due to acne.
Aloe vera and chamomile present in the cleanser helps to soothe your skin and reduces irritation. It also helps to keep your skin moisturized. And it also has micro clear technology. It means it will clear out the acne even if it is not visible.
It is an amazing cleanser. Wet your hands. Take the product into your hand and form the lather. After this gently massage the cleanser on your face. Rinse this thoroughly.
It has sweet scent.
Category: Best facial cleansing gel for both men and women containing natural ingredients
Well, hey you girlies. Are your tired of cleansing your face with different cleansers consisting of chemicals. This is your rescue. I know what works for one skin type won’t work for you. This cleanser is in the form of a gel. So, it will have that gooey feel.
I know some of us to have that weird obsession about it. It is gentle on your skin and helps to unclog your pores. And it also helps to clear out your breakouts and blemishes.
It consists of Vitamin C. We all know it has extreme anti-oxidant properties. This ingredient will detox your skin for a fresh and glow look. This also tightens your skin and your pores look small. It also has aloe vera to moisturize your skin. Good news if you’re not single that this facial cleansing gel is unisex.
It is a weightless gel. Apply it on the skin and gently rub to form the latter. Focus your application on the troubled are such as T zone gets more acne and blackheads.
It has a citrussy scent.
Category: best face wash for big pores and blackheads
This product is for all the ladies that have a dry skin problem. I know we all have a paranoia of having wrinkles and ageing. So, this is a good cleanser to incorporate in your daily skincare regime.
It has a low pH that will not cause any dryness and irritation on your skin.
This product is enriched with natural ingredients as all the products mentioned above. It has aloe vera, chamomile and green tea. These three ingredients, in particular, will soothe your skin and provide moisture to it.
The 10% glycolic acid is best to provide exfoliating to your skin. The exfoliation will remove blackheads and unclog your pores. This product is alcohol-free, paraben-free, cruelty-free and sulphate free. This also helps to smoothen the skin texture. And remove hyperpigmentation.
Wet your face and apply this cleanser on it. Gently rub and form the latter. Than start exfoliating on your skin. When you are done exfoliating rinse your face with lukewarm water.
It has a sweet and light scent.
Category: Best medicated facial cleanser for acne and oily skin
If you are still confused about which product to buy then do not worry. Every skin type is different. And especially if you have acne on your skin then your skin is more sensitive. So, applying any face wash will irritate your skin or further increase acne.
Now I present you the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Medicated Gel Acne Face Wash. This facewash target your acne, blackheads and whiteheads on your skin and clear it.
It contains 2% salicylic acid. We are not new to this ingredient and its working. This ingredient helps to unclog your pores and helps to cure acne. It also has micro-exfoliating Lipo Hydroxy Acid that helps to have cell by cell removal of dirt and debris from your pores. This gel will remove 47% excess oil from your skin and leave it dry for a day.
Its application is the same as the other product. Wet your face with lukewarm water. Take a quarter dollop of this product and put it on your fingers. Rub it gently on your fingers and then apply it on your face. Apply it on circular motion. After application rinses it with lukewarm water.
It has no scent.
Category: best facial cleanser with salicylic acid and glycolic acid
Oh, so you made it down here. I think you are indecisive and wants to see all the options before deciding. This, my friend, is Replenix Acne Solutions Gly/Sal Exfoliating Acne Cleanser.
It gently cleanses your skin and unclogs your pores from all the product buildup that has been accumulated on your pores. It helps to free complexion from all type of acne and its blemishes.
As the name suggests, it contains two acids salicylic and glycolic. Both of them helps to deep clean your pores and clean out your follicles. Salicylic acid unclogs your pores and removes the buildup in it.
On the other hand, glycolic acid provides moistures to your skin and exfoliate it at the same time. It also has green tea which soothes the irritation on your skin.
Take a generous amount of product on your hand and form lather. Then apply it on your face and gently exfoliate it your blackheads around your nose and cheeks. After your done exfoliating, rinse your face with lukewarm water and pat it dry with a cotton towel.
It has a baby powder like smell.
Why does blackhead occur and pores are seen on the face?
I know the question pops up into your mind will be “why do blackheads occur? And why you see pores on your face?” So, there are open pores in your skin. These pores help your skin breath.
All the pores are not seen by the naked eye. But sometimes the pores get clogged dead skin and oil. This causes blackhead. If you have blackheads and you try to scratch them out then instead of removing your blackhead it will enlarge your pores.
The cleansing will not close your pores nor you should try closing it but it will remove the dead skin and oil from it. The dead skin captures dirt in your pore that looks like a blackhead.
If you are familiar with blackheads then you know they mostly occur around the nose and cheeks where most sweating occurs.
What chemicals are best for removing blackhead?
Ladies if you are looking for a good cleanser that will unclog your pores and removes blackheads then you should check out for following ingredients. The product should contain all the mentioned ingredients. The list of ingredients is as follow:
- Salicylic Acid: My top advice for you will be to look out for the cleanser and face wash containing salicylic acid. This acid helps to prevent acne. Even the oiliest skin doesn’t stand a chance against the cleanser containing salicylic acid. It removes the excess oil and unclogs your pores. Just gently massage this on your face and wash it off by tap water.
- Retinol: The enhanced size of pores is because your skin lacks collagen and your skin becomes soft. The retinol in the cleansers and facewash present as an ingredient provides you with collagen which will make your skin firm.
- Hyaluronic Acid: So, if you have blackheads or whiteheads and you are using a cleanser with salicylic acid then it will definitely dry out your skin. Another important ingredient you should look for with salicylic acid is hyaluronic acid. This will moisturize your skin, keep it plump and firm. If you have blackheads and your skin is dry then this will work for you.
- Peptides: This ingredient will provide a firm base to your skin. Peptides are also really good if you have acne scar on your face. Because it will help you to fade the acne scar and blemishes on your skin.
What ingredients are bad for removing blackhead?
I have told you about the chemicals that are best for removing blackheads. Now let’s talk about chemicals that are bad for removing blackheads and in general bad for skin. These ingredients are mentioned below:
- Paraben: Paraben is a very dangerous chemical. This chemical causes a hormonal imbalance on your skin and skin cancer. So, please check out for this ingredient before buying face wash or cleanser.
- Comedogenic: Most of you reading this does not even know what comedogenic is. Allow me to give you some insight into this. Comedogenic is a phenomenon of causing blackheads by blocking you’re your pores. There are many comedogenic ingredients present in your daily use products that we do know about. There is a misconception present among us as if we are using natural products then these products are non-comedogenic which is not true. The natural face wash or cleansers containing coconut oil, almond oil, avocado oil etc. are all comedogenic ingredients. These oils clog your pores and cause blackhead. So, make sure to check out for oily ingredients in the product.
Precautions To Take Before Using The Product
Yes, there are precautions which are necessary while using a face wash. Appropriate steps are required to be taken before applying face wash or before cleansing it. The required precautions are as follow:
- Wash your hands before cleansing your face. Because the cleanser will not kill the germs on your hands. It is necessary to wash because the germs will spread to your face as well.
- Use lukewarm water to wash your face. Neither cold because it will not open your pores and cleanse it nor hot because this will dehydrate and dry your skin.
- Do not scrub your face while applying the cleanser. It will irritate your skin.
- Do not over-cleanse. Yes, it is a thing. Wash your face twice a day and after sweating.
- Please do not use soap to cleanse your skin. Because it will strip natural oil out of your skin and make it feel dry and tight.
It is a sad thing to say goodbye. But I really hope (my fingers are crossed) that you have found the right cleanser for you. I know the face is a sensitive thing for anyone because the skin on the face is more sensitive than the rest of your body.
I have taken everything into consideration before picking a product for you. All the aspects such as ingredients and even minor detail are according to your skin type. These face wash does the job and removes the blackheads.
Take away from this article apart from a perfect cleanser is how to take care of your skin and what ingredients cause blackheads. Lastly, if you use makeup on your skin then to inform you we have published an article for the best blush for acne-prone skin so don’t forget t have a look at that. Now I can’t stop you from leaving.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to prevent blackheads?
Blackheads can be prevented by using non comedogenic products. These products contain oils such as coconut, almond and avocado. These oils will clog pore and cause blackhead. Another way to prevent blackheads will be using cleanser and facewash containing salicylic acid. This will remove extra oil and unclog your pores.
Does salicylic acid cause dryness?
Yes, it causes dryness because it removes extra oil from your pores. But if your skin is naturally dry use a moisturizer after cleansing your face with product containing salicylic acid. You cannot buy a cleanser for blackheads without salicylic acid because it is a key ingredient of all the face wash and cleansers.
Can your permanently close your pores?
No, you can not permanently close your pores. Your skin breath through your pores. They might not be seen by naked eye but they are always present. Pores may get enlarge due to scrubbing the face or in attempt to get blackheads out.