We all get intimidated by smokey eyes, no matter what our eye color is. But when it comes to hazel eyes, smokey eye make-up makes you look diva with all the glory. Here is How to do smokey eye makeup for hazel eyes to get the perfect eye makeup to glorify your hazel eyes.
These are the following steps that you can consider if you are aiming to get the perfect eye makeup like a pro.
TIPS ON HOW TO DO A SMOKEY EYE FOR HAZEL EYES
PRIME YOUR SKIN
Make the right start. The most primary and the most important step in the eye makeup is to prime the skin. The commonest step that we always tend to skip. Most of us put the concealer on the skin and around the eye and start to apply the eyeshades right away. And after all the struggle to fix it, we end up having a raccoon eye instead of a smokey eye.
How to prime the skin? Well, it is easy. Use the eye shadow primer and wait for it to get dry before you go for shading. Do not start over the wet skin otherwise, the colors can bleed.
ADD A LAYER OF CREME EYE SHADOW
After applying the primer, apply a creamy coat of skin or light matte golden color eye shadow as a base. This layer of creamy eyeshade will work effectively, to fix the eyeshades at its place and will prevent the powder eyeshade from falling off.
If you have a good quality eye shadow palette then you do not have to worry about the eye shadow to slip off that easy, and in that case, the primer will handle the situation with ease.Moreover here is an article on Pre Wedding Beauty Tips for Brides which you can read here.
Try not to apply the primer and cream eye shadow simultaneously on the creases of the eye, especially if you are having wrinkles on your face and around the eye. The layering of products around the wrinkles will make the weird base and the eye shadow will look lumpy no matter how good you are with the blending technique. If you find it difficult to control both layers simultaneously, then opt to go for a single layer only and work well with it. Either apply a base coat or the primer, not both.
USE BLACK PENCIL OR GEL EYELINER
Start up with using black or graphite grey, shimmery or matte, gel or pencil eyeliner. Rub it at the base of eyelashes and just below the tear film. This move will create an illusion of fuller and thicker eyelashes to complement the smoky eyes even more. You can also use gel eyeliner to do the same. If your eyelashes are healthy enough, maybe you would not need any artificial eyelashes to get the chic look.
DAB THE COLORS ON TO YOUR LID
Start off with the light color, apply peachy pink on the inner one-third of the eyelid portion. Move to the outer side and apply the bronze or copper brown color on the middle one-third of the eyelids. Just dab the colors, do not try to mix them or blend them right after the application. Try to apply the colors first. At last dab some graphite grey at the outer edge of the eyelid. Finish off with the dark black cut offline which will be a visual extension of the wing of the eyeliner.
BLEND THEM UP
Use a clean eye shadow brush and start to blend the colors by using the copper brown eye shadow. Do not go over the territories of each color but try to fade away the lines of demarcations between the shades. There should be no visible creases to look on to. Blend them carefully. Do not overdo the blending as it can possibly make a mess. Keep the color gradient intact.
Pick up the rose gold or copper brown shimmer eye shadow to highlight the high points of the eye. Apply the touch of shimmer on the inner corner of the eyes. The midpoint of the eyelid and just below the arch of the eyelid, the bone of the brow. These are the highest points that need a hint of light falling on them to get the shape of the face right and get a look that is more alive.
Take a Q tip, soak it in the eye makeup removing solution and clean off the area surrounding the eye to wash off the fallen off powdered eye shadow from the skin. Refresh the eyeliner to get the perfectly applied eyeliner. Blend the colors.
Look for the creases or any cut off lines. Blend them to smooth it up.
WEAR ARTIFICIAL EYELASHES
At the end of getting the perfect smoky eye, apply mascara and eyelashes. The addition of artificial eyelashes can make a huge difference and raise up the bar of perfection to the top. And there you have it! The beautiful and bold smoky eyes to complement your hazel eyes.
VARIATIONS IN SMOKY EYES
There are various ways to get a smoky eye makeup, from subtle to bold, you can vary the shades as per your liking.
- You can use dark brown, bronze or black color to make a crease of the eye. The brown color will create a soft look while the dark black color will create a bolder smoky eye make-up for the night time.
- You can apply the black color all over the eyelid, monotonously, and then you can blend silver or metallic grey on the prominent parts of the eyelids to get the homogeneous shine and break in the plain black.
- Also, you can use olive green and copper brown to make the autumn color palette and then finish it up with the black eyeliner.
- Another beautiful option is green eyeliner. If you do not have the perfect shade of olive green, no worries. Wet the eyeliner brush in the water or oil, depending upon the oil or water-based makeup. Then swipe the brush in the olive green eye shadow and use the color on the brush to make a fine line across the border of the eyelashes on the upper and lower eyelid.
- Either you can go with the traditional black colored mascara or if you want to be creative and do a little different you can try deep green or sandy brown mascara because these mascara colors complement the hazel eyes very well.
- Always pick up the right brushes to create a perfect look. If you be lazy with the selection of the right brushes, you will eventually end up having a messed up eye makeup no matter how hard you work on it. The effort cannot compensate for the lack of essential material you need to create a look.
- Highlight the prominent eyebrow bone, inner corner of the eye and middle point of the eyelid. This will create a well-defined eye makeup up to your expectations.
- Work on the creases, blend them perfectly to the professional makeup look. The blending is what will make the difference at the end. Keep your hands steady and work on your blending skills. It will take some time but once you have mastered it, no one can beat you on smoky eye makeup then.
- Apply eye shadow crease under the lower lid eyelashes instead of the eyeliner. When you apply a soft but well-defined crease of eye shadow under the lower set of eyelashes, it adds to the high definition of eye makeup. Use the tip of the eye shadow brush to glide the shadow through the lower border. If you will use the eyeliner, the harsh line created by it will frame the eye and make your eye look much smaller and not appealing to look at. So always opt to get a soft crease with the eye shadow of the color that is applied to the middle portion of the eyelid. It can either be olive green, copper color or sandy brown.
- Prefer using the oil-free foundation on your skin while preparing it for make-up. If the foundation is not oil-free, the chances are that the eye shadow will get mixed in the oil which will come out of the foundation, eventually, and either it will bleed or get smudged with the time or even with a gentle touch and will get you a raccoon eye too soon after the application of the makeup depending upon the heat and weather.
- Wear waterproof eye shadow, eyeliner, and mascara. After all this period of hardship, this would be least wanted that the whole makeup is liable to get ruined in no time, right?
- Get into the eye makeup layer by layer. When you are playing with the bold eye colors. Do not put the color intensity of the final result with the first stroke. Apply the color in bits so you can handle it easily. Later on, when you get the hands on to the skill, you can do everything in a single step with perfection.
We hope that you have found this article to be useful. Let us know what you think of it in the comment box below. Moreover, we have also published a list of 10 best false eyelashes for hooded eyes so have a look at that also.