Are you looking for the best shampoo and conditioner for keratin treated hair? If yes, then you are in the right place. This post will guide you through my personal top 10 lists of keratin special shampoo and conditioner, detailed buyers guide and the reason why choosing a regular hair product is not appropriate for one’s keratin-treated hair.
Rough, lifeless and dull hair is highly unfortunate, yet the most common hair problem of females of all ages. Almost every one of us keeps checking and keeps looking at the storefront window with the fear of a frizzy hair mess. Whether its heat damage, humidity or for no reason at all, we all have experienced at least once in a lifetime, an episode of unmanageable hair disaster.
It is everyone’s desire to have silky smooth, manageable hair with long-lasting shine. Keratin treatment is an easy and affordable option to get healthy-looking hair in no time. It is a common misconception that the keratin treatment damages the hair, but actually it temporarily alters the natural structure of hair to give it a straighter look, and the amino acids in the formula fill in the gaps in the hair’s cuticle (outermost layer), the gaps that are originally caused by hair damage with hair dyes and hair products.
The boost of Keratin to your hair leaves you with shiny, silky smooth and damage-free hair. But to keep the effects of keratin treatment is another struggle. The wrong decisions about choosing the shampoo and conditioner for your keratin-treated hair can ruin the hair texture even after a single wash.
Did you have unmanageable, dull and frizzy hair and when you tried keratin treatment, it did not go as per your expectation? Keratin treatment lasted for a shorter period of time and all your money was wasted? Or you just had keratin special treatment and it started wearing off quickly? If any of this scenario is familiar to you and you are currently having this problem its just because you are not using keratin shampoo and conditioner. So for solving that situation,we are here with our detailed review. So without wasting any further time let’s get started.
Top 10 Shampoo & Conditioner For Keratin Hair ( Comparison Table )
ARVAZALLIA KERATIN AFTERCARE SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER
THEORIE HELICHRYSM KERATIN CARE SET
LUXEORGANIX SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER
IT’s A 10 MIRACLE BUNDLE
SCRUPPLES WHITE TEA SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER
INOAR HAIR BOTOX SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER
DELUGE SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER
VIZERI SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER
AVEENO PURE RENEWAL SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER
MOROCCAN ARGON OIL SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER
10 Best Shampoo and Conditioner For Keratin Treated Hair ( Detailed Guide )
A professionally designed salon-quality hair treatment to repair your damaged hair restores and strengthens the weak, damaged and over-processed hair, improves its manageability and elasticity, leaving it silky, smooth and shiny. This advanced hair repair system protects the keratin treatment and make the keratin layer stay for a longer period of time. It nourishes hair with the high-quality cosmetic grade argan oil rich in essential vitamins and nutrients that deeply conditions, detangles, hydrates and revives dull and dry hair. Its neutral formula does not interact with the keratin treatment & premed-hair.
The Theorie shampoo and conditioner ticks all the boxes for a pure, chemical-free and suds free wash to energize your keratin-treated hair. It is jam-packed with pure goodness and it does not disappoint. Heat, chemicals, free radicals and hard water, it adds a lot of stress to your tired out hair. But this shampoo with all the rejuvenating multivitamins will take care of your hair at its best.
LuxeOrganix argon oil shampoo is specially designed to be a healthy alternative to salon-quality productive as well as free from harmful chemicals and unnecessary extra ingredients. Unlike low-quality sulfate-based shampoos, luxeorganix is sulfate-free, paraben-free, do not contain undesirable moisturizers and harsh detergent-like substances which gives a false impression of hair being soft after the wash but actually damages the hair to the maximum extent.
A sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner, effective and intensely moisturizing, with a cleansing formula that is mild enough to safely use on even the most delicate keratin-treated hair. From the very first wash, you will experience smoother, damage-free, visibly bouncier and hair full of body. It penetrates the hair shaft, restores moisture and damage repair. Because of it, the hair will never be greasy, dull or weighed down again, but just shiny, vibrant and full of life.
Scrupples shampoo and conditioner specially designed keeping high-quality salon level hairdressers in mind with exclusivity to help ensure stylist keep the business they have worked hard to build the main ingredients are mucopolysaccharides (Add moisture binding qualities to keep hair flexible, healthy and shiny), UV absorbers (Helps to protect hair from environmental damage and color fade), Hydrolyzed proteins (Provide hair with strength, body, and volume) and silicone conditioner(Promotes shines for healthy and conditioned hair).
Inoar shampoo and conditioner is the perfect combination to nourish and repair damaged, dry and stressed hair types it is argan oil-based shampoo and conditioner deeply nourish your hair, helping to control the frizz for a long-lasting boost of smoothness and shine, it provides daily hydration to help strengthen and fortify damaged and chemically treated hair, providing protection from exposure to heat and other damaging elements.
Deluge is sulfate, phosphate, and paraben-free shampoo containing keratin and omega 3 and 6 and another unsaturated fatty acid that moisturizes, nourishes, restores softness and shine by improving overall health and appearance of the hair. The conditioner helps repair and smooth the cuticle and improve the structure of the hair. This unique formula revitalizes and renews the overall health of the hair, leaving it silky, shiny and manageable.
Vizeri is sulfate-free highest salon quality shampoo and conditioner with pure ingredients and 12 plant extracts. It is good for keratin-treated hair, has an adorable fragrance like orange creamsicles. Its sodium chloride free formula prevents the loss of essential hydration from the hair and hence dryness of the cuticles that can result in split ends and frizzy hair. It leaves you with healthy hair and a clean scalp even after the first wash. It contains argan oil that nourishes the hair and makes them soft, smooth and manageable. Relieves dandruff and dry, itchy scalp. Keep your hair suds free, frizz-free and less breakable by improving the elasticity of the hair strands individually.
Aveeno hair care products are based on holistic solutions and therapeutic products to nurture and balance hair needs. It brings you farm-to-shower hair care products that help you to grow stronger roots, soothing scalp and nourished strands, gives you beautiful hair from root to tip. It provides you lightweight nourishment via different natural products i.e. apple cider vinegar, almond milk, oat milk, rose water and chamomile, in their different and separate collections.
It is a gentle, claims to be 100% sulfate-free, all-natural shampoo and conditioner with high-quality argan oil from morocco, enriched with restorative vitamins which are essential for the optimum health of healthier, shinier and beautiful hair. It is an easily affordable hair care formula that gives you salon-style quality results at home without much effort. It stops hair fall, promotes hair growth of both men and women, improves scalp health and helps the hair to get stronger. It protects hair from harmful environmental damage and keeps your keratin-treated hair intact and long-lasting.
The role of favorable shampoo and conditioner is often underrated. The hair wash products play a vital role in the maintenance of the keratin coat around individual hair strands. But if you are washing your keratin-treated hair with a non-selected pair of shampoo and conditioner, then consider these red flag signs to re-evaluate your shampoo and conditioner before it is too late.
RED FLAG SIGNS OF YOUR FAILING KERATIN TREATMENT
- You may experience dryness of your scalp and hair, the scalp will become flaky and there will be noticeable friction between hair i.e. while combing. And the hair will not be tangle-free as they were before.
- Hair breakage is normal after keratin treatment but this episode lasts for a few days and hair recovers after the first wash. If hair breakage does not relieve after wash, extends for a relatively long period of time or if it is accompanied with hair fall then the most probable cause is that your shampoo and conditioner is not helping you, instead, they are worsening the condition.
- The unfriendly shampoos and conditioners can cause dandruff in keratin-treated hair. It will cause itchy scalp and an embarrassing situation.
- With unfavorable shampoos and conditioners, you may experience flakes falling off from your hair more than expected. This is the built-up hair product on your hair after a keratin treatment. But excessive or early removal of keratin will result in the short life and reversal of your keratin treatment.
- Patchy hair texture is another sign of your failing keratin treatment. Patches of frizzy hair start to appear in your keratin-treated hair. It will leave you with ugly looking, unmanageable hair.
- Because of all of these bad things happening to your hair, you will experience the Styling Disaster. No matter what you do, you would not be able to get your hair right.
- Because of the flaky scalp due to dryness and dandruff and keratin fall off, the hair will remain dirty even after the hair wash.
- If you observe any of these findings in your keratin-treated hair, then you are on the verge of losing $300 on your next keratin treatment.
With the bad selection of shampoo and conditioner you. But there is nothing to worry about. By considering the simple instructions, you can keep your keratin-treated hair healthy-looking, smooth and shiny. Here are the points you need to consider while selecting the best shampoo and conditioner to keep your hair healthy and shiny for a long-time after a keratin treatment.
THE HIDDEN TOXINS IN YOUR SHAMPOOS AND CONDITIONERS
- Always avoid shampoo and conditioner which contains Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS). These are aggressive detergents that deplete essential oils from hair and scalp that leave your hair dry and lifeless. Additionally, it can cause irritation of the scalp, redness, itching, and in the worst-case scenario it can result in permanent cell damage and resultant skin cancer as proven by many researches.
- The harmful ingredient in SLS is a sulfate. There are so many shampoos that claim to be SLS free but contain other ingredients which are sulfate-based and are present in shampoo in disguise. For example, Diethanolime (DEA), Triethanolamine (TEA), Monoethanolamine (MEA). These ingredients are equally hazardous for your keratin-treated hair as SLS is. Similarly, there are other sulfur-containing chemicals that can be present in the shampoo and conditioner and can be harmful to hair i.e. Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate. These are the synthetic Lauric Acid that is made up of sulfur. Even if any shampoo claims to be SLS-free, look out for these ingredients for re-assurance.
- Avoid Parabens that are present in the shampoo and conditioner as a preservative. It gets absorbed in the bloodstream through the skin and disturbs the hormonal levels in the blood. These are especially disturbing if you are having hormonal disturbance, pregnancy or some serious medical issues.
- Do not use shampoos or conditioners that contain Sodium Chloride (NaCl), regular table salt, as a thickening agent. It dries out the scalp and hair and makes hair frizzy and rough. Additionally, it dissolves keratin, decreases the life of your keratin treatment at a rapid pace.
- Avoid Dimethicone. It makes a thick coating around the hair that traps bacteria and sebum. The sebum around the hair and scalp provides soil for the skin infections including bacterial or fungal and further use of these hair products will aggravate the infection without the knowledge of the user.
- Avoid Triclosan. It accumulates fat cells and traps toxic material within the scalp. Leaving the scalp dead and lifeless, which results in rapid hair fall and diminished hair growth.
- Always prefer Silicone Free Shampoos and conditioners. The silicone in the shampoo and conditioner because it prevents the moisture to get to the hair, makes a coating around the hair, results in excessive split ends, dryness and hair breakage.
- Avoid shampoos and conditioners that contain Propylene Glycol, a commonly used alcohol in hair products that makes hair dry, damaged and frizzy. Moreover, alcohol-based hair care products can cause skin damage and skin cancer in long term usage.
Additionally, here are some tips which you can follow for the longevity of keratin treatment.
HOW TO TAME YOUR KERATIN TREATED HAIR!
- Do not use products for hair pulling, for example, hair mousse, hair gels, hair sprays. It will disrupt the keratin layer of hair and causes damage.
- Choose the glycerin rich shampoos and conditioners. It helps by penetrating the hair and hydrating it from inside out. It is also a great humectant, meaning it absorbs the extra moisture in the air that creates a protective coating around the hair and locks the moisture inside.
- Do not over-process your hair by using hair bleach, harmful dyes, and heating tools. It causes breakage, opens up the hair cuticle and leaves room for the excess moisture to enter, leaving your hair frizzy and dry.
- Do not brush your hair when it is still dry, as it will make your hair a frizzy, unmanageable mess. Comb your hair with a wide-tooth comb when your hair is still damp.
- Sleep on a silk pillowcase, as the texture of the cloth it smooth and it will not damage your hair with rub or friction.
- Use a soft cotton t-shirt to dry your hair instead of harsh towels as it prevents hair damage.
- Use a little bit of organic oil on the tips of your hair i.e. argon oil, coconut oil, to avoid split ends.
- Get your hair trimmed after every 6-8 weeks to get rid of damaged split ends.
- You can blow dry your hair after washing with cold heat (low heat setting) and air disperser to ensure minimal damage.
- Leave your hair dry, down and unstyled for 3 days after the keratin treatment to let the keratin have time to bind with your hair.
It is really hard to find all the good qualities of a single product. Every product is a unique combination and the personal choice of shampoo and conditioner can vary according to personal needs. Firstly, there is a need to understand what type of hair you have, secondly, what is the current condition of your hair, either it is rough and dry or freshly keratinized or chemically treated. Thirdly, what is the demand of your hair, maybe one thing that is essential for someone, can be optional for the others. So the perfect combination of all the good qualities in shampoo is totally personal.
With the bird’s eye view, the main chemical components that are harmful to the hair texture, in general, are highlighted at the start of the article. That list should be considered before picking something to put on your hair. Remember, the way hair products treat your hair can make or break your look. Especially if the hair is keratin-treated, it needs care more than usual for the longevity of the treatment. So choose your hair care products wisely.