Having difficulty choosing the best blush for acne-prone skin, don’t worry as we have enlisted our top 10 best blush, which we recommend.
Blush can make any dull face brighten up, and that’s precisely why we girls love our blushes. However, some of us have skin that has a mind of its own, and it is pretty unpredictable most of the time talking about girls who have oily and acne-prone skin.
Our skin hates makeup, but we being girls, love makeup. So what is the solution? Choose makeup products like the best blush for acne-prone skin meant for our skin type. This way our skin will be happy too.
Today in the market, several products are made for different skin types. All we need to do is choose the one best for our skin type, and we are sorted. When it comes to blushes, it is the same story too.
While choosing blushes for oily skin, make sure to check if it is non-comedogenic, meaning if they contain ingredients that will not clog your pores and make acne worse.
Tips To Choose a Blush For Your Skin Tone
- If your skin is pale or towards the lighter side, opt for shades like pale pink or baby pink. These colours will add a gorgeous, natural flush of color to your skin.
- Rich pinks, mauves, and deep peaches look flattering on medium to tan skin tones.
- Dark skinned beauties – coral tones were made for you. You can also go in with deep shades of orange and red for an instant pop of color.
Ideally, your blush should replicate the way your face naturally flushes. Pick a colour that complements your skin’s undertone for the most natural look. Now all you need to do is head to your local drugstore to find some of the best blushes on the market.
Best Blush For Acne Prone Skin (Detailed Guide)
1.Clinique Blushing Blush Powder Blush
Silky formula sweeps effortlessly over cheekbones to form a natural look. Fresh, jet-milled colour builds and blends beautifully to desired intensity with a custom sculpting brush. Long-wearing, colour-true. Oil-free.
Achieve a natural hint of colour with Clinique’s Blushing Blush Powder Blush. This long-wearing blush is silky and buildable, allowing you to manage and build colour intensity for the planning you desire. Gliding effortlessly over the cheeks and cheekbones, each pigmented, jet-milled shade adds definition and subtle blush for a vibrant yet natural-looking finish. Stays true colour. Complete with a custom sculpting brush.
How to Use:
- Apply with Blush Brush or the included sculpting brush
- Sweep on apples of cheeks, gently blending colour up cheekbone toward temple
- Blush looks gorgeous on light to medium skin tones.
- Pigmented & blends in well into the skin. (not powdery)
- Comes with an honest brush
- Travel-friendly packing.
- No unpleasant smell.
- Color might not show on dusky beauties!
- Shimmer could also be a turn-off for some!
2. Make Up For Ever Sculpting Blush
Sculpting Blush is an oil-free, ultra-fine powder blush with light-reflecting pigments for a healthy glow. Available in a wide range of shades, it meets every colour need. The collection features seven cold and warm orangey shades, including shades to brighten the cheeks and tone-on-tone natural shades to sculpt the face. Sculpting Blush comes in matte, satin or iridescent textures to create different effects.
How to apply?
- Apply with the Flat Round Blush Brush – 156 or the Precision Blush Brush – 150 Blush Brush.
- To improve and highlight facial contours and cheekbones, apply two shades, a light one and a darker one to play with light and shadows.
- Colors should be chosen to match the eye color as well as clothing and makeup style. The blush blends more easily on powdered skin.
- Do not apply dark blush on oily skin or over heavy moisturizing cream.
Pro tip: in case of excessive blush application, tone it down with a layer of neutral Loose Powder. Create new colours by blending several blushes and adding Star Powder for shimmers. In excessive blush application, tone it down with a layer of neutral Loose Powder.
- Satiny, velvety, smooth texture.
- Flake-free application.
- Very buildable can also be applied sheer.
- Beautiful pink-peach color, very natural.
- Well pigmented.
- Does not accentuate pores.
- Lasts all day.
3. NARS Blush For Acne Prone Skin
Category: Oil-free for acne skin
This blush is owned by many beauty artists universally because they trust it as far as any skin goes. The blush is very pigmented and maybe a must-buy for greasy and acne-prone skinned girls.
It is an award-winning, pressed powder blush that delivers healthy-looking colour to flatter any skin tone.
What Else You Need to Know: Silky, superfine micronized powder pigments in matte and shimmering shades ensure a seamless application. These soft, buildable shades deliver a wide range of effects, from Ulta-sheer to powerful pops of colour. Each iconic shade features a subtle pink undertone for a natural-looking blush.
How to use this?
- Use Yachiyo Brush #27 (sold separately) and apply to the apples of the cheeks.
- Sweep the surplus across the hairline, bridge of the nose, and chin.
- For more dimension, apply a shimmer shade to the apples of the cheeks and a matte shade to the hollows of the cheeks.
- The NARS Technique:
- Contour: Create definition by starting at the temple and sweeping along the hairline, under the cheekbone, and down the jawline.
- Highlight: Glide over areas where the sun hits naturally—the tops of the cheekbones, on temples, and the bridge of the nose.
- Pop: Swipe colour onto the apples of the cheeks, and swirl in a circular motion, layering to your desired intensity
- A beautiful peachy pink shade.
- Gives a radiant glow to the face.
- It is very long-lasting.
- Easy application, glides on smoothly.
- Perfect use for weddings, parties, and other significant events
- Contains large specs of glitter.
- Girls who like natural blush shades should avoid this. It is a very glam colour.
- Glitters are very noticeable in the day time. Can be a bit too much.
4. Colorbar Cheek Illusion Blush
Immerse your cheeks in luxurious, luminous colour. Our Cheekillusion Blush features a lightweight, silky texture that hugs your cheeks with a velvet touch. Blend and build to your heart’s content – go from a healthy glow to having an excessive amount of fun in one little compact.
No parabens. No mineral-oils. Only love.
- A powder blush with a lightweight, silky texture.
- Extreme adhesion power makes it long-lasting and smudge-proof.
- Highly-buildable and blendable.
- Formulated without parabens, mineral oils, and artificial fragrances.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Dermatologically tested.
How to apply this?
- Apply some blush onto our Keep Blushing brush and gently tap off excess powder. Blend onto the apples of the cheeks.
- The apple of your cheek is that the circular area that pops up once you smile. Applying blush on your apples lends you a fresh, healthy glow.
- Sturdy packaging
- Blends well
- Gives glow to cheeks and works as a highlighter
- Lasts long
- Not extremely pigmented, so need to layer it up to see the colour
- Has silver shimmer-not matte
- Hard in the pan so need to swirl brush a little too much
5. Maybelline dream mousse blush
Are you a fan of creamy blush? How about powder blush? Well, you ought to try Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush for an incredible medium to satisfy all of your blushing desires! Dream Mousse glides creamy and smooth and wears like powder without irritating your skin or rubbing off. In several sensational shades, you’re sure to find what you’ve been dreaming about in this Mousse Blush.
- The air-soft formula provides luminous, long-lasting color on cheeks
- Glides on smoothly and blends easily for seamless color and a natural, radiant finish
- Air-whipped mousse delivers satin-soft feel on the skin
- The long-wearing formula will not clog pores
- Uses advanced technology to air-whip the mousse
- Feels virtually weightless
- The dreamy method creates a unique, silky texture
- Doesn’t fade, doesn’t crease.
- This blush feels lightweight sort of powder, yet melts into skin sort of
- cream. Bouncy fresh color lasts all day and gives skin a natural glow.
- Dermatologist tested. Allergy tested. Non-comedogenic.
How to apply this?
- Step 1. Using the fingertips, apply a small amount of blush onto the apples of cheeks and blend from the cheekbones to temples.
- Step 2. To build color intensity, apply more blush.
- The texture is super nice
- Packaging; it comes in a small round glass jar.
- Quantity is enough as this is going to last a long, long time.
- Economical at this price.
- Its non-comedogenic did not break me out.
- Best way to use it is as a base for powder blushes…they stay all day with this as a base.
- No matte shades.
- Fewer colors in India
- It’s in a pot, so you have always to dip your hands or use Q tips to remove the product.
- The staying power is ok stays for 3-4 hours and leaves behind the shimmer
6. Physicians Formula Powder Palette Blush
Category: For acne skin
This powder blush from Physicians Formula includes multiple separate reminder blush within one compact. The different tones within the compact are specially formulated to create a beautiful natural glow that accentuates your real beauty when blended and applied to your cheekbones.
The blush is an ideal blush for oily skin and sensitive skin. It is formulated without oil and is non-comedogenic, so it will not cause breakouts or clog your pores. This powder blush is also hypoallergenic and does not include any synthetic fragrances to prevent causing painful irritation to sensitive skin complexions. The blush applies and blends smoothly and feels velvety soft on your skin all day long.
- A beautiful mosaic of complementary hues to contour and accentuate cheekbones with a pale colour and discreet shimmer.
- It’s the perfect combination of colours that blend to enhance your cheekbones naturally.
- The most beautiful Italian talc provides a silky-smooth application that blends easily without streaking or irritating sensitive skin.
How to use it?
- Using a soft powder brush, overwhelm entire palette to blend colours evenly.
- Tap excess powder from brush before applying.
- Brush over cheekbones to define and contour or apply right below cheekbones for a more defined and dramatic look.
- Nice packaging with the product set in a mosaic pattern.
- Comes with a brush.
- The transparent lid makes identification easier.
- Pale pink with a matte finish.
- Decent staying power.
- Pocket-friendly price.
- Pale shade, not visible on my face.
- No shimmer and gives a dull matte finish.
- The brush that comes with the blush is very useless ( but usually it’s the same case with all makeup products).
- A lot of fall out.
7. SHANY Cosmetics Paraben Free HD Liquid Blush
This unique liquid blush applies and blends into your skin like a soft cream but, after you use it, it dries into a beautiful glowing powder finish that never looks greasy or feels heavy. This product is formulated to act as a highlighter and a blush; it has a very subtle shimmer that helps bring a dewy and radiant glow to your cheeks when applied.
SHANY Cosmetics blush is great for your skin. Once applied, it hydrates and conditions your skin to leave it feeling soft, healthy, and moisturized even after removing the blush. This blush is excellent for sensitive skin because it is formulated without harming and potentially irritating parabens.
A little goes an extended way with the super pigmented SHANY Liquid Blush. This long-lasting blush goes on smooth and will not crack or flake! Its satin texture glides and blends easily on your skin, whether you decide to use a (insert brush name) or your fingers. It is an excellent match for all skin types. It sets to a beautiful dewy finish.
With an airless pump design, it’s perfect for those SHANY beauties on the go. The closed bottle fits into your bags and purses without that dusty blush residue. To our talented performers out there, our blush can take you from every day to Broadway in a matter of seconds.
You can add a touch bit for sheer natural coverage. Otherwise, you can build it up to point out your beautiful face to the gang (no matter the distance). SHANY Liquid Blush was created without paraben.
- Liquid blush/highlight enhances your cheeks skin colour
- Naturally hydrates your skin for a healthy, radiant glow
- Liquid blush sculpts, warms cheeks and cheekbone area
- Cream-to-powder formula made with natural ingredients
- Designed & Manufactured in the U.S Not Tested on Animals
- Comes in an airless pump bottle for makeup on the go.
- Long-lasting liquid formula. Look flawless all day.
8. e.l.f. Baked Blush For Acne Prone Skin
If you love a bit of shimmer, you will adore this blush from e.l.f cosmetics. Its formula is infused with vitamin E and jojoba, sunflower, rose, apricot, and grape oils. It also works beautifully for strobing. With four shades to choose from, this blush leaves you with flushed, luminous skin in no time.
How to use this?
Buff the colour onto your cheeks with a blush brush and blend out using circular motions. Dampen the bush for a more vibrant finish.
- Blends easily
9. Wet n Wild Color Icon Blush
Category: Cruelty-Free and Gluten-Free
This new and improved formula is the most iconic and sought after prestige blush shade. A velvety-soft pressed powder formula is buildable and lets you layer on your colour – from sheer to bold. A long-wearing blush blends seamlessly and applies evenly for a healthy-looking flush of silky-smooth colour. Shades range from soft neutrals to vivid pops of colour that compliment all skin tones.
- Soft focus effect
- Long-lasting, buildable color
- Enriched formulas Infused with Jojoba Oil for a silky, smooth texture
Who does drugstore makeup better than Wet n Wild? Their Color Icon Blush has a cult following for many reasons – it’s easy to apply, the formula is incredibly pigmented, and you can get it in under three bucks! This is an excellent dupe for the NARS Orgasm Blush, which costs around $30. Pretty sweet deal, huh? You can choose the perfect colour for your skin tone from its range of five shades.
How to use this?
Using a blush brush, swirl over the apples of cheeks, blending along the cheekbone.
- Highly pigmented
- Ideal for daily wear
- Comes with a brush
10. Milani Baked Blush
These baked blushes from Milani are a sheer joy to apply. Their silky-smooth formula will leave you with a light, warm flush. You can build up the colour for a more intense and glam look for the evenings. If you like a little bit of shimmer and radiance along with that pop of colour, you need to try out this blush. You can choose from its wide range of 11 shades. The shade Luminoso is an exact dupe of the NARS Orgasm blush.
How to apply this?
Each shade of our cult-favourite Baked Blush comes with a mirror and a brush. Apply with the included mini brush or Milani Blush Brush, starting at the apple of your cheeks and gently swiping up and away.
The buildable formula enables you to make a natural or more rosy look. Use any excess blush along the hairlines, bridge of the nose, and chin to feature warmth and colour to the remainder of the face. For a bolder look, swirl colour a circular motion over the cheeks, layering to your required intensity.
- Blends beautifully
- Buildable color
- Suitable for sensitive skin
Blush for Acne-Prone Skin: Application Tips
Apply a thin layer of foundation over the face, and follow with concealer on any areas of the cheeks with blemishes. Concealer is an essential step because it prevents the blush from setting on the stains and attracting attention to them. Once the concealer has dried, use a light hand to apply the blush, starting at the apples of the cheeks and sweeping upward toward the temples. Use a loose or pressed powder to end off and set the inspiration, concealer, and blusher.
Know Your Skin Type
It’s a mistaken belief that all acne-prone skin is oily and all sensitive skin is dry. Your skin can be fragile, acne-prone, oily, dry, or any combination thereof. The blush that works with, not against, your skin type is vital.
- Dry, sensitive, acne-prone skin may have scaly patches and often gets worse during the winter.
- Oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin tends to be shiny within an hour or two of applying your makeup and especially misbehaves during the summer.
- Combination skin tends to change throughout the year or might be dry in some areas and oily in others. If you have combination skin, you’ll probably have to change products on a seasonal basis.
Pick the Right Blush
Once you know your skin type, picking the right blush is easy. If your skin is oily, then mineral-based formulas are an ideal option. These products contain fewer irritating ingredients, and because most are powders, they absorb excess oil.
Products to Avoid
While many great products work well for skin that tends to blemish, few products are to avoid. Crème blush often contains emollients or oils, and this can aggravate acne. Cheap makeup products are also a good idea to prevent; these may or may be made with inferior ingredients that could exacerbate pimples.
Blush can give you a dewy glow, but it can also leave your skin red and irritated if you’re prone to sensitivity and breakouts. Blush should be the secret ingredient in just about every makeup lover’s bag. Not only can it highlight your best features and draw attention away from imperfections, but it also gives your face the right colour.
But if your skin tends to react to everything you put on it, that pink glow could quickly become a red rash. You don’t have to give up on blush or any other product just because your skin is a bit disobedient. Lastly, we have published an article on the best mac blush for light-medium skin, so don’t forget to look at that as well.