Using face powder is extremely helpful in making your skin look more healthy and presentable. There are many face powders available in the market but some are Best Face powder for oily skin prone acne which will be mentioned below.
These powders are really useful for those with oily or blemished skin. But if you have acne, then the powder you use to cover up your skin imperfections may actually be the reason for your blemishes. Hence it is really important to choose powder which suits your skin. Oily and acne-prone skin is very sensitive.
And it means that even the smallest quantity of an incompatible ingredient may cause pimples that can leave long-lasting blemishes. A powder that works for one person may cause a breakout to another person. The powder is very important while doing makeup. It is a semi-solid material. It is applied on top of foundation to give hold to the foundation layer.
These are also used to hide blemishes and scars. Powder also helps in covering fine lines and pores. It can be applied many times during the day to fix makeup. It is different for every skin type and colour. It comes in various shades. There is a way to choose perfect powder for your skin.
10 Best Face Powder For Oily Skin Prone Acne ( Comparison Table)
10 Best Face Powder For Oily Skin Prone Acne (Buyers Guide)
1. Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil Finishing Powder
Bare minerals are a well-known brand of cosmetics. Its motto is “Be Original, Be Natural, Be Good”. All of the beauty product is clean, natural and mineral-based. Hence the powder is also mineral-based. It is a loose powder. Bare minerals powder is non-comedogenic.
It means that the powders do not clog pores and cause breakouts. It does not contain Parabens, binders and fillers. So, it will have no effect on your skin. Mineral products are also hypoallergenic. Hence it is best for someone with sensitive or those with acne skin. It does not come in many shades. And has sheer coverage.
It makes it ideal for all skin tones. As it can be used on any skin type. It does not have a matte finish so it may leave you with a bit of shine.
- It is suitable for all skin tones.
- It is luminous.
- It is 100% made from minerals which will not cause acne.
- It covers your face as well protect you from harmful UVA and UVS rays. It has spf 25.
- It is not cakey.
- It will not smudge the makeup you are already wearing.
- It is expensive.
- The coverage is sheer.
- It may accentuate the acne scar on your face.
- It will not absorb much oil as it is not matte.
2. Clinique Blended Face Powder and Brush
Clinique is a subsidiary for Estee Lauder. It has been here for a while. Clinique has best known for their skin care products and foundation. Clinique has a separate line of products known as Acne Solution.
These products have a really good effect on acne and sensitive skin. This powder is matt which is good for oily skin. It does not leave any shine. It is a loose powder. These powders come with brushes. It is a lightweight face powder and does not look cakey at all. The quantity is good. It can last you a long time. Its packaging is plastic with a metallic lid.
As it is loose. One should be very careful while applying it. This powder finely milled, lightweight and the colour invisible is really invisible. It comes in a variety of shades. This powder is not good for dry skin. It keeps the skin matt for a whole day.
- Powder is matt and hence absorbs the oil of skin.
- The powder does not look cakey.
- It covers all the pores. It has good coverage.
- It comes in variety of shades.
- It hides all the scars and blemishes of acne.
- The price is reasonable for the quantity.
- It makes your skin look dull.
3. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Light Plus Face Powder
MAC cosmetic is very famous brand. It is one of high-end brand of cosmetics. But the products are as good as their price.
The MAC mineralize skin finish compact powder may be heavy on your pocket. But it is worth the price. It really helps the foundation to stay on the face. It gives a matte and satin finish. You can use this powder to touch up your makeup all day.
As it contains minerals, this powder will not cause your skin to breakout. It comes in various shades. It can be used for various purposes such as cutting down shine, covering pores, setting up your foundation or concealer and it can also be used as a bronzer or for contouring.
It gives your skin a glow, dewy and natural touch. It is not heavy on your face. And it is pressed powder. So, you can easily travel with it without the stress of spilling powder everywhere.
- It gives a satin touch to your face.
- This powder provides medium to full coverage.
- It is really good for oily skin.
- It is mineral-based. It will not breakout your skin.
- MAC mineralize skin finish compact powder packaging is compact and you can travel with it.
- It has many shades for every skin tone. And you can bronze or even contour with it.
- It is heavy on your wallet.
4. Neutrogena skin clearing Mineral Acne-Concealing Pressed Powder
Neutrogena is an American brand for skin care and cosmetics. It is recommended by many dermatologists.
This brand is great for acne-prone skin. It is especially known for solving the problems of pimples and blemishes in men and women. It is recommended to women seeking help for acne and oily skin.
Neutrogena is the only brand that is twice recommended by dermatologist than any skincare brand. This powder not only helps to cover the acne but also helps to treat and prevent acne. It provides buildable coverage.
It contains salicylic acid which helps to treat, prevent and conceal acne and blemishes. This also contains minerals which help to absorb the oil from the skin. It is ideal for oily and sensitive skin which is prone to acne. It provides a perfect base for your skin while treating acne.
This powder contains micro-minerals which help to prevent acne. It provides a shine-free look. It is all in all excellent powder with great coverage and also cheap. It comes in many shades for many skin tones.
- It has compact packaging. And it is pressed powder.
- It covers, prevents and treats acne and blemishes.
- This powder is recommended by dermatologist for sensitive and oily skin.
- It has buildable coverage.
- This powder is non-comedogenic. This means it will not clog your pores.
- It is very cheap as compare to other compact powders.
- Neutrogena compact powder has minerals that absorb oil. And leave you with a shine-free look.
5. Revlon Photo ready finishing powder translucent
Revlon has been in this industry for quite some time. It has provided us with some of the most high-quality product at very cheap price. Same goes for the Revlon Photoready Powder.
It covers all your pores. It provides you with full coverage. This powder has a matt finish. It contains special light reflectors which help you stop the shine but still gives luminous and even-toned skin. It evens the skin texture and gives you air brushed look.
It has compact packaging. It is a pressed powder. It is quite cheap for its quality. It contains photochromatic pigments which bend, diffuse and reflect the light to erase any harsh lines and blemishes.
- It is best for oily skin which is prone to acne.
- It uses light to erase any harsh line and imperfections on the skin.
- This gives an even texture to the skin.
- Absorbs any oil on the skin.
- It covers all the pores.
- Price is low as compared to the product.
- Its texture is extremely light weight. Hence the finishing powder is undetectable virtually.
- It only comes in three shaded light, medium and dark.
- Its coverage is not good. It will not last you a whole day.
6. L’Oreal Paris Makeup Infallible Pro-Sweep
Everyone knows about L’Oréal. This brand has made it mark in the world with fabulous quality of products. The L’Oreal Paris Makeup Infallible Pro-Sweep & Lock Loose Matte Setting Face Powder is translucent powder.
This powder literally will lock in your makeup and control shine all day. This powder is for all skin complexions and types. It contains only five ingredients such as talc and silica. Hence it does not cause irritation or breakout. This powder does not block your pores. it should be applied after liquid make up has been applied.
Its application is like light dust. This is surprisingly lightweight. Hence it does not look cakey on your skin. The micro-fine loose particles help you to blur the pores and hides any harsh line. This powder may as well be used to mattify your lipstick. It can bake you under eyes. It provides you with soft and matt skin. The price is reasonable if the quality is concerned.
- This blurs your pores and hides any harsh line.
- It is really good for oily and sensitive skin. The ingredients in it will not cause you breakout or irritation.
- The powder is extremely lightweight and does not look cakey on any skin.
- This is one powder for all skin tones. It is a perfect complexion because it is translucent.
- It absorbs the oil off your skin to mattify it.
- It does not have good coverage. It will not last you a whole day.
- This powder does not cause any acne but also does not cover your acne or blemishes.
7. theBalm Sexy Mama Anti-Shine Translucent Powder
The balm cosmetics is fairly new. Their products are known for funky name and cool packaging. The packaging and name attracts the buyers.
It has a full line of makeup, nail polish, skincare and hairline. The Balm has a philosophy of Beauty in 5 minutes. This Sexy Mama Anti-translucent powder as the name suggests is compact.
The packaging is very attractive and cute. But the product is very small. The price is high. The product is based on a revolutionary formula that uses small oil-absorbing spheres. It has a silky application. This will last all day.
It helps to control the dreaded shine. It works best for the under-eye area to even out the skin. Its application is invisible so it will leave you without a trace of powder. It is one for all skin tones.
- It contains an oil-absorbing formula.
- This powder works magic for oily skin.
- It is highly good for the setting off under eye.
- It gives off a matte finish.
- The packaging and name are really attractive.
- The price is high.
- The quantity offered is less.
8. Dermablend Translucent Powder for Face Makeup
Dermablend consist of high end make up products. The influencers and make up artist vouch for it’s coverage. It atleast provide upto 16 hours of coverage.
The products of dermablend come in multiple shade ranges. It is a brand created by a dermatologist. Hence it is fragrance-free, tested for allergies, it is tested for sensitive skin and non-comedogenic.
The Dermablend Professional Loose Setting Powder name suggests is a loose setting powder. It is weightless and translucent makeup powder with locks up the foundation and concealer up to 16 hours. It provides smudge-free makeup.
It is literally an ideal setting powder. It is a cult favourite of a makeup artist. It is the ultimate step to achieve flawless and transfer-resistant makeup for 16 hours. It provides you with mattifying skin texture.
- 16 hours of long-wear powder.
- Weightless microparticles provide with flawless skin texture.
- It has a matte finish. Good for oily skin.
- It has no effect on sensitive skin.
- It is fragrance-free.
- It appears white but it is translucent hence it is perfect for all complexions.
- It is a high-end product. It means it is on the pricier side.
9. Hourglass Veil Translucent Setting Powder
Hourglass is a high-end makeup brand. It is a cruelty-free luxury brand. This cosmetic brand is known for its commitment to reinvent luxury makeup. Its products are expensive as the product of any other luxury makeup brand such as Channel or Dior.
The translucent powder of hourglass is talc-free. It will your skin with an invisible skin and is perfect for all skin types. The product is formulated with light-reflecting particles which will instantly minimize all the flaws and cover all the pores. It is hypoallergenic.
It means this powder does not react on your skin. So, this product is really good for oily skin prone to acne. It is vegan and it is not tested on animals. The light reflects from the powder so it does not show any blemishes and is smoothens the skin textures.
- It is vegan.
- It will not cause any irritation on your skin.
- The powder is reflective and minimizes the flaws.
- It can be used for baking under eyes.
- It mattifies the skin and smoothens the skin texture.
- It is a luxury product hence the price is heavy on the pocket.
10. Innisfree No Sebum Mineral Powder
Innifree is best known for their natural and eco friendly products in cosmetics and skin care. It first is a Korean cosmetic brand.
Innisfree benefits for Jeju Island in South Korea. Their ingredients are botanical and natural. Their product works for every skin type because all the ingredients are minerals. It also works for sensitive skin type. All the products of Innifree contains atleast 70% natural ingredients.
The Innisfree no sebum mineral powder is a sebum control powder. This powder leaves you with youthful and matte skin. It is not greasy. This product contains Jeju grown minerals that will restore the balance of oil and moisture while leaving you with healthy matte skin. Its texture is creamy and luxurious.
It feels like you are putting silk on your face. it has microparticles which are undetectable through eyes. It restores your pure colour of your skin. It is non-allergic and non-comedogenic. Hence it does not clog your pores. It has a minty scent to it.
- Certified natural product.
- Cruelty-free and vegan.
- Not heavy on your pocket as the price is quite reasonable.
- This powder does not clog the pore.
- It is really soft and controls the oil of the skin.
- This powder does not cause the skin to breakout.
- The quantity is really less.
- It does not provide full-day coverage.
- There are no shades for different tones of skin.
How to choose a powder for acne prone skin:
You have to make sure that the powder you are selecting is compatible with your skin. The slightest wrong ingredient in a powder will leave a long-lasting effect on your skin.
Choosing a powder is not an easy task for anyone as it seems. You need to find the exact colour, texture and ingredient for your skin. If you suffer from acne or you have oily skin.
Then your struggle is twice hard to find perfect skin. If you have sensitive skin then you should not use drug store powder. Because it may cause more acne then high end makes up powder.
- Choose the powder which is non-comedogenic. These will not block your pores and will not cause breakouts.
- Find the powder with your exact skin colour. Going with light powder will not help you hide the scare. It will further accentuate it.
- Grab a matte finish powder. The glitter will cause irritation on your pimples. On the other hand, matte will not only hide the pimple and blemishes but also absorbs oil from the skin.
- Consider buying a medicated face powder for your acne. Some powders contain salicylic acid which good for acne-prone skin. Consult with your dermatologist if it is a good option for you.
- Avoid using a powder which has soothing ingredients in it such as methanol. It can cause more harm.
- It is best suitable for acne-prone skin to use mineral products. It will not clog your pores.
OUR TOP 3 PICKS FOR Best Face Powder For Oily Skin Prone Acne
Invest in a good powder trust you will be thanking me for it. As it sets the foundation and concealer. And provides coverage then it is good. And you reapply it a lot during the day. So it better not clogs your pores. It should be mineral-based.
If you have oily skin then do not forget to moisturize your face. Use moisturizer which contains aloe vera in it. It will keep your skin hydrated without leaving your skin greasy. If you have acne scars go for the powder that will provide you with full coverage and flawless skin.
If you are a girl who is always on the go then go for compact powder. It will save you a lot of time and it is easy to carry. Translucent powders are more likely to be spilt everywhere and have delicate packaging. Compact powders provide more coverage as they have pigment. Mostly translucent have sheer coverage.
They are good for baking you under the eye. You should also have a good skincare routine. This will help you to prevent breakouts. Always remove makeup before sleeping so that it may not clog your pores.
I hope now you are able to find the best face powder for oily skin prone acne so if you really liked the content so comment down your favorite product in the comment section.
Lastly, we also published a list of 10 best blush for acne-prone skin so don’t forget to have a look at that as well.