What is better than chocolate and cake.. them being mixed together! White chocolate is my favourite and I couldn’t believe I have never made white chocolate cupcakes before. This recipe is extremely yummy. If you don’t like white chocolate you can change it to normal milk chocolate and it will still work the same.
What You Will Need
6oz Self Raising Flour
6oz Caster Sugar
150g White Chocolate (or milk chocolate)
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
1 tsp Baking Powder
Handful of White Chocolate Chips (or milk chocolate)
If you are making ones with milk chocolate you will also need 80g of Cocoa Powder.
200g White Chocolate (or milk chocolate)
200g Icing Sugar
Preheat the oven to 150 on a fan oven or gas mark 3.
1. Mix together the sugar and margarine. Then add the eggs and baking powder. Slowly mix in the flour and then lastly add your vanilla essence.
2. Melt your chocolate over a very low heat on the hob or in the microwave. I use the microwave as it is quicker. After every 15 seconds check and stir so it doesn’t burn.
*Be careful if you use the hob as if you over heat it, it will curdle).
3. Add a handful of chocolate chips to the cake mixture and mix together.
4. Spoon the mixture into cake cases. Once in the cake cases take a teaspoon and pour a small amount of melted white chocolate on top of each cupcake. Then take a sharp pointed knife and swirl the mixture.
I prefer to add the melted chocolate on top so you get different layers and textures in the cupcake.
1. Mix together the margarine and icing sugar. Slowly pour in the melted chocolate.
2. Make sure the mixture is thick enough to pipe. If you mixture looks runny add more icing sugar.
3. Once made, pop it in the fridge for 20 minutes to firm up slightly.
4. Pipe onto cool cupcakes.
They are so yummy. My mum took some to work and she said they went within 5 minutes! A recipe next on my list to try is Ants Pumpkin, Cinnamon and Walnut Rolls Recipe, check out her post it looks delicious!
Don’t forget to pin me..