Oh hello! Are you looking for Best Curl Defining Products for 4c Hair? Are you looking for a product that will smooth-en and define your natural curls? Than HAIR me out. We got you a list of options to choose from. All the products mentioned here are Best Curl Defining Product For 4C Hair.
The mentioned products are not only best but are also top-rated on Amazon. I know having coarse hair is a problem because nothing seems to hold the curls or even straighten them. There are multiple products available in the market that will define your curls. People will swear by cremes available in the market. But there is only one way to test the authenticity of the product which is through using it.
For the most part, the hype created is false. And as soon as you go out in the sun them your hairs go back to being rough. I have fully understood your problem and then put together the list. I hope this list will help you find THE PRODUCT you are looking for and will suffice all your demands. So I should begin with my article without wasting any more time.
OUR TOP 3 PICK
We totally value the time of each consumer who is looking for best curl defining product for 4c hair so if you dont want to go through the whole article and you are in hurry then dont worry as we have provided these 3 top picks from the entire list which you can purchase blindly.
What is type 4c natural hairs?
So if you just came across this article randomly than you will be wondering what are 4c natural hairs. First of all, let me tell you what are 4 type hair. The type 4 hair is the hair type which mostly black women have. This type of hair is really kinky, extremely wiry, have coils and extremely fragile. the type 4 hairs are really dry which makes them even more fragile.
The general misconception about the type 4 hair is that they do not grow long. It is not true. They can grow as long as you want but they require extra care than other hair types. There are three subdivisions of type 4 hairs: 4a, 4b and 4c.
But I am only here to discuss 4c natural hairs. The natural 4c hairs are really similar to 4b but the only difference is that 4c hairs have no definition. The curls are more tightly packed. And the shrinkage per cent is 70% which means the hair looks a lot shorter than they really are. There is no definite pattern for this type of hairs. To find a pattern you need to braid or shingle through the hairs.
Also Read : Best Eco Styler Gel For 4c Natural Hair
How to apply?
If you are someone that has curly hairs then this is a staple for you before doing any sort of styling on your hairs. And if you are using a product to define your curls for the first time than it takes some knowledge from a professional because it is not as easy as applying hair oil.
You must know that creme, custard or curl pudding are the same things. These products do the same job but have different names. The quantity matters while applying any creme. If you over apply the creme of your curls than they may become heavy and greasy.
Defining your curls: If you want to define your already present curls than follow the given step:
- First and foremost step which is really important is to wet your hairs properly. It is necessary in order to distribute the cream or custard on your hairs evenly.
- Now detangle your hairs. Make sure there is no knot in them.
- After you are done with detangling your hairs, start making sections of your hairs and then apply the creme. After application of creme twist that section of your hair properly. Take your time with the twist.
- If you are lazy like most of us (let’s admit it) and can’t wash your hair then apply moisturizer on your hairs. Make sure your hair is moisturized before twisting because you do not want frizzy twists.
- Leave the twists in your hair for a day.
- Before removing the twist make sure your hair is moisturized.
- To refresh your curls mid-week, wash your hairs again. And reapply the cream.
- You need to wash your hairs again in order to wash out the previous application of the cream. If you do not wash your hair before reapplication then the product will build up and your hair will become greasy.
7 Best Curl Defining Products For 4c Hair (Comparison Table)
7 Best Curl Defining Products For 4c Hair (Buyers Guide)
1. EDEN BodyWorks Coconut Shea Curl Defining Creme
Category: Best curl defining creme with frizz control ingredients
I present my first option for you. This, my friend, is a top-rated product on amazon and also has great reviews from all the Youtubers and influencers. This is EDEN BodyWorks Coconut Shea Curl Defining Creme in coconut oil.
- Ingredients: This curl defining creme contains coconut oil as the main ingredient. As we all know 4c hairs are naturally dry. So the coconut present in it provides required moisture to your hairs. Coconut oil not only moisturizes but also nourish and enhance the growth of your hairs. It provides you with frizz-free hair with defined curls.
- Application: The LOC is the most successful method for the application of curl defining product. L(liquid) is water, O(oil) is any oil accessible and C( creme) is the curl defining creme. Divide your hairs into four sections. Wash each section and then apply the oil of your choice in small quantity. After this take a small amount of creme and gently apply it on your hair gently. Twist this section of your hair properly and live it for a day.
- Scent: The scent is a little strong. This creme smells like coconut.
- Perfect for dry hairs.
- Thick texture.
- Smells like strong coconut.
- Enhance the growth of hair and nourish your hairs as well.
- Hold medium
- Cannot be applied on dry hair leaves white flakes on your hairs.
2. Eco Styler Moroccan Argan Oil Styling Gel
Category: Best curl defining gel for thick hairs
I have come up with another top-rated curl defining product. This, my friend, is Eco Styler Moroccan Argan Oil Styling Gel. Trust me having thick hairs is also a problem because managing them is a real problem. This product is your aid. It is perfect for styling thick hairs. It can manage even the most resistant hair type. It is really long-lasting and keeps your curls intact for a long period of time.
- Ingredient: It consists of all-natural products such as 100% argan oil, vitamin E and rich in organic nutrient. Argan oil provides maximum softness to your hairs. The vitamin E provide the extra sheen to your hairs. It not only defines your curl but also protect it from sun damage.
- Application: Wet your hair and then gently apply the gel on your hairs. The consistency is really thick and a little scoop of this gel do wonder. Do not apply the gel on dry hair because it will not be distributed evenly and will show white flakes on your hair.
- Scent: It has a scent of crisp green apples.
Also Read : Eco Styler Gel Argan Oil Review
- Thick consistency
- Small amount of gel is required
- Ideal for all hair types
- Softens your hairs
- Hold 10
- The packaging is not good.
- Heavy weight
3. Kinky Curly Original Curling Custard Natural Styling Gel
Category: Best curl defining custard for coarse hairs
So my next choice is for all curl junkies out there. Hold your breath and let me present you the Kinky Curly Original Curling Custard Natural Styling Gel. It has a very gooey and slippery texture.
The more gooey your gel is the better it will perform. It clumps and smoothes your curls instantly. A little product goes a long way. It is an amazing product for all you beautiful 4c hair type girlies. It will define your curls beautifully.
- Ingredients: This curl defining creme contains all-natural ingredients such as botanical infusion of water, agave nectar extract, vitamin E, aloe vera juice, nettle and marshmallow and chamomile. These ingredients will nourish and enhance the growth of your hairs. The marshmallow and nettle are responsible for the gooey and slippery feel of the gel. The chamomile and aloe vera juice present in this gel will moisturize and provide shine to your curly hairs. And the agave extract and vitamin E will nourish and enhance the growth of your hairs.
- Application: It is an amazing gel. Wet your hairs. Make sure they are damp while applying the gel. Take gel in your hands and run it through your hairs properly.
- Scent: It has a natural scent.
- Ideal to define your curls
- Contains 100% natural ingredients
- Strengthen and nourish your hairs
- Hold 10
4. Eco Style Gel Curl and Wave, Pink
Category: Best curl defining gel containing glycerin that ensures to moisturize your hair
Well, hey you girlies. Are you tired of having frizzy hairs even after conditioning and oiling? Then this gel is your rescue. It is Eco Style Gel Curl and Wave. First of all, it comes in cute pink packaging which is very eye-catching. I know you all have been looking for a gel that will provide you maximum hold for your curls.
- Ingredients: This curl and wave gel is alcohol-free like all other eco styler gels. And this will not dry your curls instead it will restore your moisture.
- It consists of tea tree and chamomile that will impart moisture to your hairs. This is ideal for curly and wavy hair.
- Application: Moreover it is a weightless gel that applies smoothly on your hairs. It is a water-based gel. Let me enlighten you about water-based gels. They moisturize your hairs and does not itch on your scalp. You should always look for water-based ingredients in a gel. This one has hydrolyzed wheat protein which prevents the water loss. It also has PVP which gives your curls the hold.
- Scent: It has a sweet chamomile scent.
- Water-based gel consists of hydrolyzed wheat protein
- Ideal for wavy and curly hair
- Hold 8
5. SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl
Category: Best curl defining product for smooth and shiny curls
For all the girls on the go, this is the product for you. I present you SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie. If you are not a fan of gooey gel mentioned above then you will like this one. It is a curl enhancing smoothie. But since it is not a gel it will be difficult to define tighter curls. You just need a little scrunch of this product and you are good to go with soft frizz-free curls.
- Ingredients: This product is enriched with natural ingredients as all the products mentioned above. It has aloe vera, coconut oil and Vitamin E in it. The Coconut oil present in this smoothie provides moisture to your scalp and avoid your hairs being dry. The aloe vera and vitamin E strengthen and nourish your hairs. This product is alcohol-free, paraben-free, cruelty-free and sulphate free.
- Application: Wet your hairs and make sections of them. Take each section and apply the smoothie from root to the tips of your wet hairs. Leave it for 3 to 4 minutes and then rinse it.
- Scent: It has a sweet sugary tropical scent which fades quickly.
- Natural ingredients
- Affordable price
- Hold is medium
- Good for sleek and neat hairstyle
- Does not flake
- Spring scent
6. Anti Frizz Curl & Coil Definer
Category: Best curl definer that adds shine to your hair
Oh, so you made it down here. I thought you would have selected your favourite curl defining product from the list above. But if you did not like the above-mentioned one let me introduce you to As I Am Curling Jelly curl and coil definer. It will suffice your all need. It will define your curls and they will stay intact for days. It does not matter what length is of your hairs. This gel will create vibrant curls for days. Since this is a gel, it creates tight curls after drying.
- Ingredients: This product has wondrous organic compounds in it as ingredient. These ingredients will not only create beautiful curls but also nourish your hairs. This will also increase the growth of your hairs.
- Application: First detangle your soaking wet hairs. Make small sections of your hairs and than apply jelly from roots to tips. Let it dry for few minutes to have ultra defined curls.
- Scent: It has light floral scent.
- Light scented
- Contains organic compounds
- Best for thick curly hair
- Does not flake
- Weighs less
7. Uncle Funky’s Daughter Curly Magic
Category: best curl defining products for 4c hair
If you are still confused that which curl defining product to buy then this is the deal-breaker. The last but not consider it cheap because it is a little price may I present you Uncle Funky’s Daughter Curly Magic.
So you must be thinking about what is different in this than other products mentioned. Allow me to enlighten you about the qualities of this product. First of all, it is ideal for 4c type of hairs. It defines your natural curls and locks them in place.
- Ingredients: It contains all-natural and organic ingredients such as aloe vera, horsetail, marshmallow extract and nettle. The aloe vera in the curl stimulator enhances the growth of your hairs as well as provide shine and lustre to it. You will be wondering about horsetail like why it is added in this? The horsetail softens and repairs the weak and brittle hair. Marshmallow and nettle make the product gooey and sticky.
- Application: Its application is the same as the other product. Take the quarter dollop and apply it from roots to the tips. Let it air dry or use diffuse drier.
- Scent: It has a natural scent.
- Ideal to define your curls
- Organic ingredients
- Maximum hold for many days
- Strengthen hairs
- Provides volume and fullness
Why we use curl defining product?
If you have 4c natural hairs than you are probably aware of the importance of curl defining products. Mostly 4c natural hairs are really dry and curls are undefined. So to provide moisture, shine and definition to your curls use a creme. It defines the curls and provides a healthy shine on your hairs. Moreover, the creme provides you with maximum hold for curls, braids etc. Especially for 4c type of hairs, it is essential.
The products work properly when the hairs are wet. It captures are curl pattern and product will be absorbed on hairs properly. Moreover, the ingredients in the product help to grow your hair. And also repair and enhance growth. It makes styling on your hairs easier for you. If you don’t wash your hairs than the creme will last you for 7 days. But don’t let it sit on your hairs for more the 48 hours because it will grease your hair.
Ingredients to look for
I know girls with type 4c hairs have different pattern and texture of hair. But there is one thing common which is curls are not defined. Before buying the products make sure the ingredients in them are natural. You are going to wash your hair a lot. So make sure the product you select has a moisturizer in it. Before buying the product check for the following ingredients:
- It should contain all-natural products. Such as Shea Moisture curl enhancing smoothie contains aloe vera, vitamin E and coconut oil.
- The products should not contain any harmful chemicals. It should be sulfate-free, gluten-free, Paraben-free and formaldehyde-free.
- All the products I have mentioned are cruelty-free which means no animals are harmed during the manufacturing of this product and product is not tested on animals.
- As we are talking about curl defining product you will not find any alcohol as an ingredient in it. Because alcohol dries out your hair and causes split end and breakage.
- All the products should contain some kind of oil or protein to provide moisture to your hair. Curls only stay on your hairs if hairs have moisture to hold them. And moisturizing ingredient will also prevent your hairs from becoming frizzy.
- Other types of ingredients such as chamomile, tea tree etc are really good for the scalp. Since these ingredients are all herbal.
So, our journey as of now ends here as we have fulfilled our purpose of giving you the best curl defining products for 4c hair that can suit your personal preference. I know hairs are a sensitive matter for women. So I have put a lot of thought and come up with the above-given option. All gel available are Eco friendly and consist of all-natural products. I know 4c hairs are already sensitive and dry. These gel does not contain alcohol in it. So it will not dry your hairs and will not cause any damage. Hope you grow to like one of the product.
A curl defining creme is all in one product which not only defines your curls but also contains ingredient to moisturize, nourish and protect your hair from sun damage.
Yes , they are sulphate free, alcohol free and Paraben free.
No, it does not make them curlier. But cutting will define your natural curl patterns.
The EDEN BodyWorks Coconut Shea Curl Defining Creme is top rated curl defining product on Amazon. It has moisture in it and controls the frizz.